SLUStart I-Corps is a program managed by the Research Innovation Group in Saint Louis University's Office of the Vice President for Research. It is designed to help academic researchers, community inventors and innovators, and aspiring entrepreneurs in the St. Louis region extend their focus beyond academia, the laboratory, and the workshop so that they create successful products and services that deliver real value.
By participating in SLUStart I-Corps you can get help pursuing your innovation or new venture concept and possibly qualify for up to $50,000 in non-dilutive financial support.
SLUStart I-Corps helps participants ensure that their research and innovations will have greater economic and societal benefit. It integrates the original SLUStart program and the National Science Foundation (NSF) I-Corps Site program at Saint Louis University. As such, SLUStart I-Corps projects that qualify as NSF I-Corps Site projects have full access to the NSF I-Corps ecosystem.
SLUStart I-Corps aims to:
- Train participants in the lean startup methodology (i.e., customer development process) popularized by Steve Blank.
- Increase the quality and impact of research conducted at Saint Louis University.
- Advance the commercialization of SLU intellectual properties.
- Increase the effectiveness of inventors, innovators, and entrepreneurs in the St. Louis, Missouri region.
- Increase the participation of underrepresented groups, such as women and African-Americans, in entrepreneurship and the technology industry.
SLUStart I-Corps holds cohorts on a rolling basis throughout the year. It also partners with local community-based organizations to reach target populations and deliver the SLUStart I-Corps curriculum. SLUStart I-Corps partners include:
- Arch Grants
- Inventors Association of St. Louis
- IT Entrepreneurs Network (ITEN)
- Veterans Business Resource Center
If you have questions about SLUStart I-Corps, contact Malcolm Townes in the Research Innovation Group at email@example.com. To participate in the program, submit your application.
To submit your Application
For More information: