Mid-Missouri manufacturers with less than 500 employees are invited to a special Small Manufacturer Connection Event!
Join us on Tuesday, August 16 from 2:00-4:00 p.m. at MU College of Engineering.
- Meet MU faculty and leadership in engineering – hear about senior design projects and how your company can participate and benefit
- Learn about available resources, such as Engineering Technical Services, the Midwest IAC, and the Materials Science and Engineering Institute
- Tour MU College of Engineering's exciting research labs, including 3-D Printing, the Additive Manufacturing Lab, and the future Manufacturing Teaching Lab
- Connect with employer relations to get involved in career fairs, job boards, and other ways to reach students who could become future employees
- Hear from MU Extension staff on an Economic Development Administration (EDA) funded project - the Partnership to Enhance Innovation, Resilience and Agility in Missouri’s Manufacturers - and available funding for company-specific projects
- Discuss your feedback for topics/questions for future virtual manufacturer roundtables
The MU Small Manufacturer Connection Event is part of a University of Missouri four campus initiative to support Missouri manufacturers with their recovery from Covid-19 while building resilience for the future.
University of Missouri Extension was awarded funding from the US Economic Development Administration for an 28-month statewide project to take the resources of the UM System to the state’s manufacturers.
The Partnership to Enhance Innovation, Resilience and Agility in Missouri’s Manufacturers (UM System Manufacturers Partnership) leverages the expertise of faculty and students on the four UM campuses to serve companies through education, site visits to better understand manufacturer’s needs, topic-focused roundtable discussions, and company-specific projects.