Session #9 - (9:00 - 10:30 a.m.) - Wellness & Working During a Time of Constant Change
We’re about 18 months into the COVID-19 pandemic. Many of us assumed by now that we’d see the coronavirus and its impact in our personal and professional lives in the rearview mirror. Instead, more people need to get vaccinated, the economy could be better and the discussion about work from home (WFH) and/or going back to the office continues. This discussion will feature experts including: Anna Lynn of the Children and Family Division of the Minnesota Department of Health; Leonard Lee, Principal of Perfectense and former MPR reporter; and and Jennifer Hellman, COO and Principal (and incoming CEO) at Goff Public who will provide the information you need to be healthier, more resilient, improve your performance at work and your overall quality of life.
- Anna Lynn, Mental Health Promotion Coordinator at the Children and Family Division of the Minnesota Department of Health
- Dave Neuger, APR, Founder, President and CEO of Neuger Communications Group (moderator)
Session #10 - (Noon - 1:30 p.m.) - Employee Communications: Lessons Learned Communicating through COVID
The most important audience for any organization is its employees. From sending employees home to work remotely to returning to the workplace and everything in between, the COVID-19 pandemic brought numerous challenges and opportunities for communicators. Join us to hear from a panel of public relations professionals about how they've kept their organization's employees informed and engaged throughout the pandemic, and their top takeaways as we turn the corner toward a new normal.
- Abby Delaney, APR AVP, Corporate Communications Officer at Bankers Trust (moderator)
- Jenny Phan, APR Corporate Communications Manager at Shive-Hattery Architecture and Engineering
- Courtney Shaw, APR Senior Vice President of Communications at Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Ivy Sprague, Communications Manager at Hy-Vee, Inc
- Elizabeth Sporrer, Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition and Corporate Communication at Vermeer
Session #11 - (2:00 - 3:30 p.m.) - Color of Communications
The Vision of this panel is to speak with several Woman/Man of Color to discuss topics centered around being a Woman/Man of Color in the room during corporate and private communications. A moderated discussion with a Q & A session will be held with the hopes of encouraging and strengthening other Woman/Man of Color within the area of communications.
Session #12 - (5:30 - 6:30 p.m.) - How to Build Your Network through PRSA
We’ve all heard the advice that networking is important for our careers. It really does take a village to have a successful career; people who provide you with information, connect you to others, help you get your job done, advocate for you, mentor, guide, and sponsor you. To create the type of network that supports your ambition, your efforts must be intentional and purposeful. In this “How to Happy Hour” we’ll explore how to build a network that works for you through involvement with PRSA at the chapter, district and national levels and hear from others about what has worked for them.