This course module focuses on helping you to understand motives of cyber attackers in terms of what they seek and how they plan intrusions, and educates you on how to detect various cyber-attacks with relevant tools, technologies.
• Knowing your intruders and their behavior
• Get visibility of intrusion attempts through monitoring
• Detection of cyber-attacks using a data-driven approach
• Live demonstration exercise on a targeted attack detection
• Guest Speaker – cybersecurity expert from a small business
This webinar series will inform small business owners of modern cybersecurity threats they must be aware of. The series will provide necessary knowledge and skills to develop effective plans on cyber defense strategies to maintain business operations in terms of increased productivity, cost savings, and reduced cyber risk. Attendees will learn how the latest generation of cyber attackers are sophisticated and behave in unexpected ways at different scales. Through the introduction of various cyber tools, techniques, and technologies for cyber defense in the "Mizzou Cyber Range" testbed, attendees will become familiar with the best practices and relevant standards to create a resilient security position that aligns with small business operational goals.
The Importance of Cyber Defense Planning for Small Businesses:
• Defending your company’s vital data and information.
• Preventing theft or damage to your infrastructure, equipment and systems.
• Avoiding major disruptions to operations and the delivery of products.
• Protecting your employee’s personal information.
• Shielding your organization from negative publicity.
• Planning IT budgets and policies with adequate cyber incident response